Institution (TV Channel): Communique TV - Sounds like a commercial station (they make money through advertising products and sponsorships).Suggestions:
- Use this name when writing your pitch/idea down.
Schedule: Saturday evenings.
- Decide on the time of broadcast and why.
- Look into TV Game Shows that are currently on TV at this time.
- What's their format?
- Do they target a wide target audience? How can you tell?
- What can you learn from this?
- How can you apply this to your own idea? Decide on the broadcast time.
The show needs to have a unique selling point.
- What's your show's catchphrase?
- What makes your idea different from existing ones?
- Could the host be a selling point? Who is your ideal host?
- Could your USP be the way target audiences play at home?
- What sub genres of Game Shows do you think all types of audiences enjoy?
- What type of TV game Shows have been broadcast in the past 3 years on Saturday evenings? Knowing this could be gold to your answer as you're referencing existing shows in your idea - this could serve as evidence that your idea could be successful.
- What do they have in common?
- What are the ages of your contestants?
- Be careful with the rules of the game - I suggest to keep it simple, that way all audiences will be able to enjoy and understand the show.
- "Exciting competitions" - What are the prizes? Money? Things? Holidays? How would these prizes appeal to people watching at home?
- How would your show do this?
- How would you encourage audiences at home to play along?
- Would the host do this before commercial breaks?
- Would the host do this at the start of the show?